Monday, November 15, 2010
'Ere we go!
Time to jump right in and get this blog rolling!
I've decided to start with some shots of my mostly stock Deff Dread. I don't usually stick with stock models, but this one hit a chord with me and really only needed minor tweaking. I wanted a more dynamic pose, so I built the base up with a bit of cork. After a quick chop job, the upper arms were ready to inflict high rpm death to anything caught in the those massive claws.
I bulked the legs out a bit with card, which gave the dread a more solid stance. I felt that some spindly chicken legs would not be up to support that much killy robot bulk. I also clipped the heinous stock exhaust and added some simpler, cleaner pipes.
I magnetized the fourth arm, allowing me to swap between a skorcha and a fourth close combat weapon. All that was left was a lick of paint and the standard "Bloo Flame" treatment:
There she is, ready to join the ranks of WAAAGH! Teek